Login with LinkedIn

Contractor care

Professional liability

If you are self employed, you need to ensure you are protected in the event that damage is caused by yourself to anyone or any thing whilst visiting or working in an office belonging to a third party.

If your business is responsible for injuring a member of the public or ‘third party’ or for damage or destruction of their property, public liability insurance would cover you for any related costs such as compensation payouts the cost of repairing damage, or legal expenses incurred in defending the case.

This type of insurance is there to protect your business from unexpected financial loss. Public liability claims have the potential to run into thousands and your business may not have the finance to cover the costs.

Accidents can happen at any time and it could be something very simple or something very serious. For example, you might spill the coffee on a client’s computer and damage it, or someone might trip on a piece of your equipment or slip on your wet floor. On the more serious side, your faulty workmanship might cause a flood or fire, or you could be responsible for a life-threatening injury.

If you were found liable for such an incident, you could end up facing a financial claim that could potentially cripple your business. Public liability protects your business from a financial standpoint and it protects the interests of the public by ensuring they can claim appropriate compensation.

Please fill in the short form below if you would like further specialist advice on professional liability.

Please enter your details

Professional Liability
Professional Indemnity
Accident & Sickness Protection

By clicking submit you agree to us contacting you without prior arrangement
so that we can discuss financial products/services with you.

See also

Register with us

Upload your CV, create a profile, manage your applications and create
live job alerts by email Find out more.